Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Bobbi Brown Pink Quartz Shimmer Brick!

Bonjour/Bonsoir!

Time for a new post :)

Today I'm introducing you to a magnificent multitasking Shimmer Brick:
 the Bobbi Brown Pink Quartz Shimmer Brick!


What Bobbi Brown says about it:

This shimmering, brush-on powder creates a soft, warm pink glow. Works well with neutral and pink blush shades.
To apply: Sweep the Face Blender Brush through all five shades of Shimmer Brick Compact and dust lightly on cheekbones after blush. Focus on applying shimmer on the top of cheekbones - where light naturally hits the face - for the most flattering look.

 

This is the first shimmer brick I have bought and the first product I have from Bobbi Brown. It gives a very subtle glow to my cheekbones. It looks great on fairer skintones.  I like how you can use the stripes individually as eyeshadows or to highlight smaller areas. It takes a small amount of this to create such a lovely effect. I would be tempted by some of the other colors if they weren't so pricey! It costs about 45€ in Europe, but it's worth every single €. I use this product almost everyday, it has become my favorite blush too and it feels like it last forever. I bought it beginning Mars and it looks like almost not used :D 
Unfortuantely I can't get it here in Luxembourg, I had to drive to Germany -.-

  

1st color is a very soft pink highlighter color (the lightest of the brick), 2nd color (darkest color of the brick) is a shimmery brown, 3rd color is a greyish-pink color, 4th color is a pink (a bit matter color comparing to the other), and the 5th color is a pinky-brown color!

SWATCHES:

Without flash, from L to R: beginning with the lightes color!


 With flash! Same order!

 

As a my camera probably can't show you the real beauty of these colors, I found this great swatch :D

 Credits to: http://karlasugar.net/author/admin/

And that's what the colors look like on my lid and on my cheek:


I recommend using them as eyeshadows if you want to create a decent look, like a no-makeup-makeup look ;)

I used the 5th color on the whole lid, the 2nd color (the brown) as eye liner, the 1st color in the inner corner of the lid and right under my eyes as highlighter AND all the colors mixed together as blush on my cheeks ^^

I love applying the highlighter color with a fan brush under my eyes. It gives a fresh look but not too shimmery (although it reflect a lot on the picture above, it's not that simmery)


Thanks for your visit :)

Read you soon again!

XoXo

Irsada

9 comments:

  1. So gorgeous. Great blog you've got. I would love if you follow me back http://makeupbyremy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look very shimmery on swatches, but not on your face.. lovely, I think I'd mostly use them as eyeshadows

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used them probably only twice on my lids, I really prefer using it as blush or highlighter under my eyes, especially now or summer ;)

      Delete
  3. Hey! Do you know the near where Lester's is in town? it's just around there on the rue notre dame but it STILL hasn't opened yet :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so pity! It feels like years. And I'm also looking forward to the Chanel store that is supposed to oppen, but only rumors so far. Would be great thought, especially for our country ;)

      Delete
  4. Lovely colours!

    /Mie
    http://fashionandmie.blogspot.dk/

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment ^^